Creative Voices of Muslim Asia
Asia Society's Creative Voices of Muslim Asia is a multidisciplinary initiative using the arts as a springboard to understand the complexity of the many cultures included in the Muslim world.Supported in part by the Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art, Robert Sterling Clark Foundation, and New York State Council for the Arts.
- 11 Nov 20187 - 8:30 p.m.In conjunction with a visit from Hamengkubuwono X, the Sultan of Yogyakarta in Indonesia, Asia Society hosts a performance by the court dancers and musicians of Yogyakarta.
- 02 Nov 20178 - 9:30 p.m.Music from Homayoun Sakhi, Salar Nader, and special guest, Wu Man.
- 06 May 20178 - 10:30 p.m.Qawwali is a Sufi devotional form known as the “path of the heart." Fareed Ayaz, Abu Muhammad Qawwal and Brothers are masters of Qawwali Sufi music, weaving together devotional and secular traditions. Part of the Lahore Literary Festival.
- 06 May 20172:15 - 6:15 p.m.May 6: Pakistan's premier festival of arts and ideas comes to New York.
- 06 May 201710 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.May 6: Pakistan's premier festival of arts and ideas comes to New York.